5 Steps To Getting Out of the Friendzone
To some people, being in the friend zone is a fate worse than death. If you are currently in the friend zone, do not completely lose hope yet. Most of the time there is a beautiful relationship waiting to blossom from a healthy friendship. Use these five tips to escape the friend zone. I wish you the best of luck!
- Accept It – The first step to getting out of the friend zone is to admit that you are still there. Although the term ‘friend zone’ seems discouraging, the good news is that having a friendship is a great foundation to a long-lasting relationship. Having a friendship with this person means that you already have potential for a strong relationship.
- Spend Time With Them – Invite them to do friendly things that you two would normally do together, keep the friendship strong. The more time you spend with them, the more chances they will have to see and notice your great qualities.
- Try Dating Someone – This may seem like the exact opposite of what you want to do but it might actually be what you need to get yourself out of the friend zone. By dating someone else, your friend will realize what it is like to have distance from you and they will get to see some of your boyfriend/girlfriend qualities. When they feel separated from you they may realize that they really start to miss you.
- Flirt – This is very simple, compliment them! Keep it sweet and thoughtful, not something too elaborate. You should definitely avoid teasing or jokingly putting him/her down.
- Confess Your Feelings – Your chance of getting out of the friend zone is much higher when the other person knows how you are feeling. The best way for you to tell them is having a sincere conversation with them to confess how you feel. When you have told them, it is best to ask for their response about the situation. Who knows… they could have been feeling the same way!