7 Mistakes That Will Drive Your Crush Away
1. Being Too Available – Being completely available for your crush 100% of the time is always a turn-off. It reeks of desperation. Try to exercise a little restraint and turn down at least 1 out of every 3-4 invites.
2. Talking About Your Ex Too Much – When you do get a chance to spend some one-on-one time with your crush, avoid talking to much about an ex bf/gf. This is a real turn off to any potential love interest.
3. Being Too Agreeable – Be yourself. If you are true to your own opinions you won’t agree with everything your crush says because no two people have identical opinions all the time. You don’t need to intentionally disagree when they say something you actually agree with, but if you have a slightly different opinion or even an opposing one, don’t be afraid to say it! Differences can be attractive.
4. Acting Bored/Being on Your Phone Too Much – The kiss of death in a relationship is boredom. Seeming distracted or being on your phone too much while with your crush can kill any interest that might have been there in the first place.
5. Being Negative – Negativity will drive away potential friends as well as potential partners. Especially in the early stages of a relationship or friendship, focus on the positive things happening in your life. Positivity is a very attractive quality to everyone.
6. Being Mean/Rude – You may think that teasing or being playfully rude to your crush will attract them but if they start to feel even slightly annoyed or hurt, it becomes a major turn off.
7. Being Rude to Family Members/Parents – Don’t yell at your parents or any other family members in front of your crush. It doesn’t make you look cool, it makes you look like a jerk. Major turn off.